Full Job Description
The Analyst in the IT Production Services group is responsible for customer support and triage of computer, network, and support-related problems for SPE. Ensures the effective utilization of information technology, processes, and systems to provide the highest quality of service. Performs analysis and reporting on the incident and root-cause technical service issues. Delivers timely and efficient service and maintains high customer satisfaction by attempting to resolve issues on the first call. Functions under limited supervision and displays creative, innovative, imaginative problems solving techniques including the development and programming of custom end-user solutions to meet the business need. Defines and uses understanding of customer requirements and department processes to deliver and maintain outstanding customer service.
IT Desktop Support Analyst Job details
Job name: IT Desktop Support Analyst
Location: Culver City, CA USA
Company: Sony Pictures Entertainment, Inc
- Under limited supervision, functions as the customer’s second-level support for desktop hardware and software.
- Uses personal discretion and independent judgment with knowledge of various desktop operating systems, programming utilities, and software components to analyze and resolve desktop/software problems.
- Assist with adding or removing a variety of desktop hardware devices and/or software functionality.
- Acts as a focal point for problem escalations to management as appropriate.
- Provide management with various metrics reports such as network outages and service disruptions
- Works with the Production Services’ user base to define requirements and utilizes the PSTS Service Catalog to provide solutions.
- Work on special projects as necessary, including testing, and deploying/ installing new hardware and software SPE-wide.
- Provide training to customers via MS Teams, remote tools, etc. on the use of hardware/software and provide recommendations to management for customer service performance improvement.
- Assisting in managing and prioritizing the ITPS Service – Now Incident queues.
- Enter resolution information regarding hardware and/or software issues into the call management/problem-tracking system.
- Follow up with customers to ensure that the resolution is satisfactory.
- Monitor progress on open tickets in the system and escalate any unresolved issues to management.
- Assist in other Client Services areas during peak periods of staff shortages, incidents backlogs, and projects
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Experience and Education
- Bachelor’s degree or relative certifications preferred
- 3 years of employment in the IT industry working in a complex global infrastructure environment.
- 2 years experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications – Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, etc.
- Skills and Knowledge
- Proficient in both Macintosh OSX and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- Understanding of Mobile technologies including iOS (iPhone/iPad) and Android devices.
- Has basic Project Management and organization experience to help lead internal ITPS projects.
- Eagerness to learn and implement new skill sets
- Effective customer services skillset to be able to onboard, support, and effectively communicate with various PSTS clients.
- Possesses a good working knowledge of all common technology platforms.
- Strong service orientation and focus.
- Have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of continuous process improvement methodologies and customer satisfaction measurement practices.
- Has above-average, creative, intellectual, imaginative, and original problem-solving skills and is able to implement solutions for moderate to difficult software/hardware problems.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and deal with change both internal and external to the organization.
- Has the ability to work independently under limited supervision to accomplish small tasks that require coordination between multiple departments and people
The anticipated base salary for this position is $60,000 to $80,000. This role may also qualify for annual incentives and/or comprehensive benefits. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held, and if applicable, the location of the position.
- Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal-opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
- As part of our commitment to health and safety, all U.S. non-union and O.P.E.I.U. Local 174 applicants and employees must submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. To request accommodation for purposes of participating in the hiring process, you may contact us at SPE_Accommodation_Assistance@spe.sony.com.