LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana : LIC (LIC) has started a special scheme for the laborers of the unorganized sector, the name of this scheme is Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana (AABY) . Through this scheme, people of rural landless families get life insurance along with other facilities. Friends, in this article, we are going to inform you about the complete information related to LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana . So stay on the article till the end.
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2023
This policy is a social security scheme. The scheme also provides coverage to the head of a rural landless household with partial and permanent disability. Under LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2023, the beneficiaries will have to pay the premium annually. Under this scheme, if a person dies naturally, LIC will provide an insurance amount of Rs 30,000 to the beneficiary’s family and Rs 75,000 in case of accidental death.
Apart from this, if the policyholder becomes a victim of permanent disability, then in this situation he gets Rs 75000. Many parameters of disability are fixed under LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana. If the policy holder becomes disabled with one eye or one finger, then in this situation Rs 37000 is given to him.
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2023 Highlights
Amount to be given under LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2023
|Serial number||Cause||amount to be paid|
|1||death due to natural causes||Rs 30,000|
|2||Total permanent disability in accident Disability of both eyes or two fingers Disability of one eye and one finger in accident||Rs 75,000|
|3||disability of one eye or one finger due to accident||Rs 37000|
|4||death in accident||Rs 75,000|
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Premium Amount
Under this scheme, if the policy is up to Rs.30000, then for this the premium of Rs.200 is charged every year to the candidate. 50 percent of the premium is subsidized from the Social Security Fund. Thus the beneficiary has to pay only Rs.100 annually.
Who can take advantage of Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
|beedi worker||brick kiln worker||Cobbler||Carpenter’s|
|fishermen||handloom weaver||Hamal||Handicraft Artisan|
|handloom and khadi weavers||leather and leather workers||lady tailor||Physically Handicapped who are self-employed|
|Papad workers who are associated with SEBA||primary milk producer||auto driver or rickshaw puller||slate producers|
|cleaning staff||tendu leaf collector||forest worker||scheme for urban poor|
|rearing of silkworms||forest worker||powerloom workers||Toddy Tupper|
|hill women||Cloth||manufacture of wood products||manufacture of leather products|
|food ingredients like sugar or khandsari||manufacture of paper products||rubber and coal products||printing|
|Mineral products such as clay toy manufacturing||chemical products such as candle manufacturing||Transport Drivers Association||agriculturist|
|rural poor||transport worker||fireworks workers||construction workers|
|anganwadi teacher||coconut processor||plantation workers||police officer|
|sheep herders||women associated with self-help groups||Migrant Indian Workers||Unorganized workers are covered under National Health Insurance Scheme|
What is not covered under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana?
- self-injured or attempted suicide
- insanity or mental disorder
- pregnancy or childbirth
- war or related crisis
- chemical, radioactive or biological weapons
- Participating in dangerous and adventurous sports
- criminal acts or activities that violate the law
- Also, medical expenses due to an accident are not covered.
Benefits of LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana
- The benefit of this scheme will be given to the poor families of the unorganized sector/low class of rural areas.
- According to this insurance policy, if the insured person dies naturally, the sum assured of Rs 30,000 will be given to the nominee.
- If the death of the registered person is due to an accident or disability, then according to the policy, an amount of 75,000 will be given to the nominee.
- 75,000 is also available in case of permanent total disability in the accident. Whereas, for loss of one eye and one limb, Rs 37,500 is paid.
- Under this insurance scheme, a maximum of two children studying between 9th to 12th will be given a scholarship of Rs 300 per child. It will be paid on half yearly basis.
Eligibility for LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2023 scheme
- The applicant must be a permanent resident of India.
- The applicant should belong to a landless family.
- Applicant age should be between 18 to 59 years.
- The beneficiary should be the head of the family and there should be only one earning member in the family.
- The candidate can apply from any rural area or urban area of the state.
Documents required for the scheme
- Aadhar card
- ID card issued by government department
- Ration card
- Birth certificate
- proof of school certificate
- Voter ID
- passport size photo
- mobile number
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana 2023 How to apply?
LIC Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana Apply Online : Follow the procedure given below to apply for Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana: –
- To apply in this scheme, you have to go to your nearest LIC Office.
- Go there and take the application form of this scheme.
- Fill the application form carefully and submit it to the LIC office by attaching necessary documents.
- In this way your application will be done in Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana.
- More information about Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana can be obtained by calling or SMS on the number given below
- SMS LICHELP TO 9222492224 OR SMS LICHELP TO 56767877
Procedure to claim under AABY scheme
The process of making a claim under Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana depends on the type of contingency that was the victim. The claims are settled by LIC by NEFT directly into the beneficiary’s bank account. In case NEFT facility is not available, the money is credited to the beneficiary’s bank account after getting approval from the competent authority. Further, if approval has been obtained, the claim can be paid through account payee check or any other mode chosen by LIC.
The different types of claims and their related claim process are as follows:-
Natural Claims Process
When the life assured dies during the coverage period, the nominee has to go through the following process to claim death on LIC:-
- In the event of death of the member during the period of coverage and when the policy is in force, an application should be made by his/her nominee.
- This application should be made along with the death certificate for payment of claim amount to the designated officer of the nodal agency.
- The designated officer of the particular nodal agency then has to verify the claim papers.
- Then the officer will submit the documents and application along with the death certificate and a certificate that the deceased member was the head/earning member of the family belonging to BPL/Marginal family above BPL family under eligible occupations under the scheme.
- The Nodal Agency has to submit the following along with the application:
- Claim Form duly completed in all respects
- Original Death Certificate along with a copy duly attested.
Accident Claim Process:
Additional requirements to be submitted along with death registration certificate in case of accident benefit claim. This also includes:
- FIR copy
- post mortem report
- police inquiry report
- Police Finding Report / Final Police Report.
Scholarship Claim Process:
A member of Aam Aadmi Bima Yojana, whose child is eligible for this scholarship, has to fill an application form every half year and submit it to the nodal agency.
- The nodal agency will have to identify the students and then verify them.
- The nodal agency officials will then submit the list of beneficiary students to the concerned pension and group scheme unit with complete details which include:
- Name of Student
- name of school
- Name of member
- Master Policy No.
- Membership No.
- NEFT details for direct payment.
- Once LIC receives the student list with complete details, the scholarship amount is credited to the bank account of the insured member through NEFT. Payment is made half yearly on 1st January and 1st July every year.