Best company to refinance with right now : Mortgage borrowers may have a chance to lower the cost of their monthly mortgage payments by refinancing their mortgage.
Through refinancing, homeowners can save money by locking in a lower rate (if their existing mortgage has a higher rate than current market rates), or reducing the length of their mortgage so their home is paid off faster. Refinancing your mortgage is also a good way to tap your home equity without selling your home.
The main key to any of these strategies is to first shop around for lenders who offer the best deals (low rates and low fees). Forbes Advisor compared dozens of lenders to come up with this comprehensive list of the best lenders for borrowers looking to refinance.
We looked at four main categories: the borrower’s ability to get a loan, affordability, loan options and funding speed. Our goal is to make comparison shopping easier for you by selecting lenders that stand out in these areas.
Best Mortgage Refinance Companies of 2023
- Best Overall: Quicken Loans (Rocket Mortgage)
- Best All-in-One Service: Nationwide Home Loans.
- Best for Customer Service: AmeriSave Mortgage.
- Best Online Lender: LenderFi.
- Best Bank: Bank of America.
- Best Credit Union: Alliant Credit Union.
- Best for Fees: Better.com.
It’s best to refinance with your current mortgage lender if it can offer you a better deal than the other ones you’ve looked at. You won’t know if this is the case until you’ve put in the work to compare rates from at least a couple other mortgage brokers or companies.
Our Top Picks for the Best Mortgage Refinance Companies of January 2023
- Rocket Mortgage – Best Refinance Lender Overall
- loanDepot – Best for Online Mortgage Refinancing
- Zillow – Best Marketplace
- Better – Best for Fast Closing Time
- Navy Federal Credit Union – Best Credit Union
- Ally Financial – Best for Jumbo Loans
- Nationwide – Best for Borrowers with Poor Credit
- Bank of America – Best for Member Discounts